No Surprise Here: Camila Cabello Leaves Fifth Harmony

Yet another girl group collapses in the midst of their popularity.

Fifth Harmony reported that Camila Cabello has left the group, in a statement released early on Monday.

The statement, which was released on both the group’s Twitter and Instagram account, confirms Cabello’s departure and wished her well in her future endeavours.

It also said the group will go on as a foursome with Ally Brooke, Normani Kordei, Dinah Jane, and Lauren Jauregui.

We are four strong, committed women who will continue with Fifth Harmony as well as our solo endeavours.

Fifth Harmony formed on the second season of The X Factor in 2012. All five members were put together by Simon Cowell. The girl group enjoyed many hits, like Worth It and Work From Home.

Going Solo

Cabello has had two outside hits. One featured Canadian pop singer, Shawn Mendes. The two made magic together on the track, I Know What You Did Last Summer. And her current song with Machine Gun Kelly called Bad Things, just hit the Billboard Hot 100 top 10 last week.

But there can’t be an exit without some drama. Can there?

Most 5H fans knew Cabello would eventually leave, since almost all the girls have mentioned an interest in solo careers. But it still came as a shock, since the group is currently in the middle of touring.

In their statement, Fifth Harmony claims Cabello wasn’t the one to tell them about her quick departure; and that it came from a representative for her.

Meaning: she didn’t even inform them about her leaving, but just got someone else to tell the other members.

Her Defense

Cabello defended herself on her own social media account, when she said she “did not intend to end things with Fifth Harmony this way.”

Cabello explains the other four members were completely aware of her intentions for the future.

I was shocked to read the statement the Fifth Harmony account posted without my knowing,” Cabello writes in her Twitter note.

She continued to say:

The girls were aware of my feelings through the long, much needed conversations about the future that we had during tour. Saying that they were just informed through my representatives that I was ‘leaving the group’ is simply not true.

Just like the other girls said in their statement about their plans, I had also planned to continue with my own solo endeavors in the New Year but I did not intend to end things with Fifth Harmony this way.

As sad as it is to see this chapter ending this way, I will continue to root them all on as individuals and as a group, I wish nothing but the best for them, all the success in the world and true happiness.

An insider close to the girl group told Billboard that talk among the group members had broken down some time ago, sitting down with Epic Records chief L.A. Reid to try to get all five members to stay on board.

Cabello apparently never even showed up, making it clear she wanted out.

According to the insider, the group’s management was informed in November that December 18 would be Cabello’s last day with the girl group.

Cabello’s official statement:

Fifth Harmony’s official statement:

And we thought the Brangelina break up was bad..

Featured Image Source: RB/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s